ARCHIVE # 4: 554 ARTICLES (NOV -SEPT 2006)
Dr. Timothy L. Vollmer


Chairman, Division of Neurology

Barrow Neurological Institute
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
My Educational Video on MS and MS Trials
Produced by www.MDhealthChannel.com
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Visitors Since 03/2006
Click here to read messages from our MySpace Friends
HERE'S A FEW OF OUR 1,404 MySpace FRIENDS
CLICKING ON THE RED BUTTON BELOW COULD SAVE TOUR LIFE IF THERE'S A PROBLEM WITH A MS DRUG!
WE WILL SEND YOU BREAKING NEWS ON MS DRUGS IF YOU CLICK ON THE RED BUTTON BELOW.....Scroll down & read what we did last year...within 24 hours of the 1st death from Tysabri!
IMPORTANT: We filmed the video below within hours of the 1st death from Tysabri and e-mailed it to everyone who clicked the Flashing Red Button above!...WATCH THE VIDEO...THEN CLICK THE FLASHING RED BUTTON ABOVE!
Timothy L. Vollmer M.D.
Chairman, Division of Neurology
Barrow Neurological Institute
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center


BARROW NEUROLOGICAL INSTITUTE'S
GRAND CANYON
RIM-RIM-HIKE


Organized by Dr. Robert F. Spetzler - Director, Barrow Neurological Institute

250 Photo-Slideshow


Click to view 1280 MS Walk photos!

"Join a trial at Barrow & receive all medication & study based procedures at no charge!"
Stan Swartz, CEO, The MD Health Channel

"WE PRODUCED THE FOLLOWING 9 VIDEOS FOR YOU!"
Simply click the "video" buttons below:

.

"MS Can Not
Rob You of Joy"
"I'm an M.D....my Mom has MS and we have a message for everyone."
- Jennifer Hartmark-Hill MD
Beverly Dean

"I've had MS for 2 years...this is the most important advice you'll ever hear."
"This is how I give myself a painless injection."
Heather Johnson

"A helpful tip for newly diagnosed MS patients."
"Important advice on choosing MS medication "
Joyce Moore

"OUR TEAM IS WORKING ON A CURE FOR MS"
Runtime: 54 sec
Runtime: 54 sec
Susan N. Rhodes
Multiple Sclerosis Research
Barrow Neurological Institute

"'The 2006 Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph's Hospital MS "Walk on the Wild Side" raised more than $460,000 with 3,500 walkers! Click on the blue link above to view photos"

Chris Uithoven
President
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Arizona Chapter


"THE MS SOCIETY OFFERS MANY PROGRAMS TO HELP...EVERYTHING FROM PILATES & SUPPORT GROUPS TO HORSEBACK RIDING"
Jerry Turner
Program Director
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Arizona Chapter

Previious Posts

MS NEWS ARCHIVES: by week
September 2006  
October 2006  
November 2006  
July 2013  
April 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, November 26, 2006

 
Linda Beck: Do you believe in miracles? - Salisbury Post
By Linda Beck - Special to the Salisbury Post

"Have you ever felt a miracle taking place in your life? As Christians, we can identify with the miracles that were performed by our Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ during the time that He walked on this earth. He made the blind man able to see, raised Jarius' daughter and Lazarus from the dead and so many more stories of healing.

During my lifetime (soon to be 59 years), I've experienced several healing miracles. Some folks tend to look at the negatives instead of the positives and often ask that question, "Why?" Well, I don't know why I've had Myasthenia Gravis, Multiple Sclerosis, an AVM (arteio venus malformation) in my brain and a series of other health problems. But I do know that according to His Holy Word (the Bible), God does not give us more than we can bear. (His plans for me must have been that I would be able to carry heavy loads.) But there have been times when I thought I couldn't deal with another negative happening in my life and it would be like writing a book to share it all, but I just want to encourage other about the answers to prayer — real modern-day miracles in my life.

There was the period during 1973-1976 when I first experienced the effects of Myasthenia Gravis and was finally diagnosed with this rare progressive muscular weakness disease that had the potential of becoming very disabling. I became familiar with several people who had this disease and have since went to be with the Lord but after several years of ups and downs, it seems my case is now in remission. (Miracle #1)

In 1976, there was the night I nearly died on the operating table. I can remember hearing someone saying, "We're losing her." I also remember my prayers had been that God would heal the staph infection and enable me to return home to finish raising my two daughters. The healing was a long, slow process fraught with many ups and downs but my daughters are now 33 and 38 years old and those prayers were answered. (Miracle #2)

Then in November 1990, I was given a double dose of bad news when I was told I have Multiple Sclerosis, a central nervous system disorder, and an AVM (aterio venus malformation) in my brain which was identified as the cause of the seizures I had experienced in 1989. A miraculous little pill called Dilantin as controlled the seizure activity for 16 years. Praise God for doctors and medicines! (Miracle #3)

Then there were the major Multiple Sclerosis exacerbation in 1992 and the diagnosis of my husband's cancer followed by his death in February 1993. During that extended period of ups and downs, not even the doctors thought I would undergo the healing that led me to driving a car again (after six years of not driving) and being able to walk again, live alone and learn to swim at age 47. No one realized that God was preparing me to be able to travel to speak for Christian Women's Club to tell other women about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (Me, a speaker? - Miracle #4)

Then, in July 2002, I underwent the most catastrophic Multiple Sclerosis attack I have ever experienced. Everything from my breast down was affected and I was told I would never walk again. For 29 days, my toes would not even wiggle and I had to use a transfer board to move from one place to another. Five months later, I was finally able to stand up for the first time after that flare-up. I started using a walker but fell several times so I resigned myself to using a power chair and an electric scooter that a stranger donated to me. (Miracle #5)

Two years later I was finally able to get in the water at the new YMCA by using the electric life. To the amazement of everyone I was able to float and swim again and with the help of the staff there, I have come so far. And that brings us up to the present. Amazing, God's amazing grace! That's what has been taking place. Two days now, I have been able to step out those last two steep steps from the hot tub. (Miracle #6)

This summer the Lord has enabled me to "play in the dirt" in the yard at the house He led me to build in 2002. I have been getting stronger and feeling the best I have since 2002. The buzzing, tingling feelingsMORE - Salisbury Post